Neustar has extended its deadline for seeking participants for the usTLD Stakeholder Council through August 16, 2014.
The Council will provide a forum for .US stakeholders to discuss DNS issues affecting .US and to facilitate stakeholder input into the policies and overall management of the TLD. Among the goals of the Council are enhancing user experience and utility within the TLD, promoting growth and innovation, fostering quality content, and ensuring that .US continues to evolve and reflect the needs of its community.
Neustar is seeking representatives from the following communities to fill the council:
- usTLD Registrars and Delegated Managers,
- City and State CIOs,
- Commercial and nonprofit usTLD registrants,
- usTLD registrants at large,
- Educators and organizations involved in STEM education,
- Law enforcement and cybersecurity experts,
- Child development/safety experts,
- Consumer advocacy organizations and representatives of civil society, and
- Small businesses.
Initial councilors will be selected for two- to three-year terms.
If you are interested in participating on the Council, please review Neustar’s call for Expressions of Interest and the draft usTLD Stakeholder Council Charter, or direct any questions to Stephanie Duchesneau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expressions of interest can be sent to email@example.com and should indicate an individual’s credentials and interests in participating in the Council.