Jeff Neuman, Vice President of Business Affairs at Neustar, Inc., has drafted a full summary pdf of the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH) meeting, held August 20-21, 2012.
The meeting brought together technical providers of registry and registrar services as well as the ICANN-selected vendors for the TMCH service, Deloitte and IBM.
- Meeting attended by front-end or back-end registries representing 90% of the ICANN new gTLD applications
- ICANN Agreement with Clearinghouse providers will be made public, but needs amending to include SLAs, fees, etc.
- Front end system for trademark owners to begin entering trademark data is scheduled to begin in October
- ICANN’s planned implementation models for Sunrise and Trademark claims not supported by the new gTLD Registries because they are too complex and burdensome
- Neustar and ARI presented alternative implementation models which have significant advantages for both trademark owners and new gTLD Registries
- Deloitte/IBM open to considering a transactional fee model as opposed to fixed fee per TLD
- More work needs to be done by all sides; follow up meeting to be scheduled in next few weeks
Feel Like Sharing?