Zoom Video Communications
Heather Swan, Strategic Alliances Manager and Chief Happiness Officer for Zoom Video Communications, talks about their humble beginning as a company, the growth they've seen so far, why they chose a .US domain and the raison d'être behind their culture of happiness.
Zoom.us is known as a web conferencing company, but they actually have 6 elements that go into their platform:
- Meetings - Online meetings, training & technical support
- Video Webinar - Marketing events & town hall meetings
- Zoom Rooms - Collaboration-enabled conference rooms
- Business IM - Cross-platform messaging & file sharing
- H.323/SIP Connector - Brings H.323/SIP video systems to the cloud
- Developer Platform - Empowers apps with video, voice & screen sharing
The company started out very small, from a very tiny office that opened into a refrigerator, to today with over 1,000 employees, 7 offices, locations nationally and globally and more expansion planned as well.
Why they chose a .US domain?
"We chose the .US domain because it encompassed a collaboration environment. Collaboration is designed to bring people together and that's what we felt .US embodied." - Heather Swan, Strategic Alliances Manager